Surprise slider birthday card- DT Jaya

Hellooo everyone! I’m popping in today to share one of the projects that I created. 

I LOVE interactive cards!!  And this card features another fabulous piece-of-cake slider mechanism that has endless applications!!  

I haven't used any dies to create the slider feature of this card, – which is filled with surprises. 

You MUST have this stamp set for your collection!  

Here’s what the card looks like when you pull on that tab at the top of the image.


How freakin’ cute is that?!!  Here’s how I created my card:

1. For my card, I took an A2 size portrait folding card base. Firstly, I created a card background using balloon stencils with pink & yellow dye inks. 

2. Die cut an image panel from ivory cardstock using the stitched rectangle dies 

3. I stamp the sentiment from the big birthday wishes at the top of the rectangle panel using jet black ink


4. I stamp the cake image, coloured with alcohol markers & fussy cut it into two different layers. 

5. Then stamp the bear from the number 3 stamp set onto white cardstock, Color the image with Copic Markers and fussy cut it. Assemble the cake and adhere the critter inside the cake

6. Temporarily position the assembled cake onto the image panel and use the positioning to make a slot onto the image panel so that the cake covers up the slot and is centered, and the top of the slot opening is just below the top of the cake.  I then marked & hand cut the slot with sharp knife.

7. Position one of the elongated slider discs at the bottom of the slot opening.  Adhere it to the slider mechanism with tacky tape.  Adhere the bear image to the front of the slider disc with double sided tacky tape.

8. Adhere strips of foam tape on either side of the slider mechanism to create a “track” for the slider mechanism. This will help keep it in position and be more stable when sliding it up and down.  and adhere a piece of foam tape in its place to create a “stop” for the slider machanism.

9. Adhere the assembled to the image panel with 3d foam stripes on the two sides and bottom, being careful to cover the bear image and allowing the bear to pop out of the top.

Adhere the image panel to the stenciled card base with foam tape.


I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

I’ll be back again with another card inspiration.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Big birthday wishes


To purchase the product log on to -

www.tubbycraft.com


Tubby Craft products are available at following online retailers - 

 

HNDMD 

Crafters Emporio

Crafters Corner








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #486

Timeout challenges-Birthday theme + die cutting

Pull tab flip card- ft. Dinosaur stamp set